You are not connected. Please login or register

rance's helper application

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 rance's helper application on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:01 am

rance

Rena Supporter
Rena Supporter
In-Game Name: Rance

Have you played: [ ] DkasRO? [x] EddaRO?
(old name in eddaro: Lord Rajyl[GVH] lol! )

Have you had any experience(s) relating with moderating? If yes, please do state it.
Actually I haven't experienced making an official one, but i experienced scripting some npc codes thru the help of ro offline lol!

What can you offer to the server, the staff team, the players?
I offer my loyalty and respect everyone. For the server, I might came up with a good ideas and suggestion. For the staff team, I can offer myself to be able help you when needed. For the players, I can help(as a guide) them anytime when needed when I'm around and have a time.

What differentiates or makes you unique compared to the other applicants?
I'm capable of identifying errors on a certain programs[codes/scripts/etc.](once i fully understand it),I really like making codes and scripts(once I learned it) and I enjoy learning from my mistakes and errors that's why i keep improving myself. Sometimes, I been able to read other types of codes/scripts without even studying its basics, I always do the way how i check errors and edit it, run/check/edit/run/check/and so forth~.

Why do you think you should be accepted as an Official Helper of the server?
I'm not expecting for myself to be accepted as an official helper, I just want to offer myself and my loyalty to server to help for the improvement of the server. All I want to say is I'm just being myself
Razz /ph

2 Re: rance's helper application on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:24 pm

Chocula

Admin
Admin
Hello Rance, I would like to ask you some questions in a form of a situation.
In the situations I will illustrate, you are to act as an official helper of the server.

(A): There are no online staff in the server. There is this one player who has a big issue that he keeps on being error'ed in the game. You would like to help him BUT you are in a hurry to your class. The player said that if he can't be supported on his problem, he'll leave the server. How would you manage your time and support to that player?

(B): You are on your duty patrolling the players. You saw players in the main town flaming at each other. One is saying that he allied with a specific GM and the other one said he is allied with YOU. However, you are the only online staff available to stop the flame war. How would you act to this matter?

Please make your answers "straight-to-the-point," brief and of course, answers the given question.

PLEASE "PRIVATE MESSAGE" YOUR ANSWERS.
Click Here to PM

3 Re: rance's helper application on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 am

rance

Rena Supporter
Rena Supporter
Answered Basketball

4 Re: rance's helper application on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Njord

Admin
Admin
rance wrote:
Have you had any experience(s) relating with moderating? If yes, please do state it.
Actually I haven't experienced making an official one, but i experienced scripting some npc codes thru the help of ro offline lol!

Good day Rance.

Knowledge about scripting and coding will be a great help for the server.

I'd like to see a sample of your scripting if that would be fine. Scripting is a fine job, but sometimes it gets really tiresome. As long as it gets the job done, we can worry about the efficiency later.

Please show us a script derived from the in game features. More scripts you write would be better. Make it dynamic, so it would be easy to change. Choose any of the following:

Poring Event -- you may take the one from eAthena, although I require you to customize it and make it have at least 5 ranks (Novice, Adept, Master, etc) with your ranks increasing slowly per win. Make the prizes differ per ranks.

Refiner -- make a script that will refine a selected item to the safest limit and ask if the refine will continue with each refine. (meaning it doesn't close, it just has the option to continue or to cancel) Do make sure that it checks if you have the proper items etc.

mob summon depending on the parameters -- You may categorize it by the tens, or whichever way you like. Make it creative, make use of the different statuses of the character e.g. different mobs depending level, depending on job, depending on amount of VIT. etc. Make it creative.

Basically CHOOSE and then:
Make it work.
Make it dynamic.
Make it creative.
Make it efficient.

post it below in code tags.

5 Re: rance's helper application on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:36 pm

rance

Rena Supporter
Rena Supporter
To be honest, It's been so long since I made a script, so it might be a problem for me to make another one manually and I don't want to rely on a script from another site, but by reading them and checking its errors can make me understand and learn to make those things again that's the best way I think that I can do.

There's another way for me to learn quickly those scripts by having my own offline server here again and practice again once more, but the problem is that I don't know how to do those things anymore. But it's easy for me to learn when it comes to codes since I'm an I.T. student Smile

6 Re: rance's helper application on Tue May 04, 2010 1:42 pm

Chocula

Admin
Admin
For Consideration

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum